Today’s soup is super simple, super vibrant, and takes advantage of these beautiful fall veggies. The fresh thyme adds a bit of autumn to the flavor. Make it as a main dish or add it to another as a side.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 leeks, cleaned and chopped (use only the white portion)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 12-14 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 5 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
In a stock pot, sauté leeks, garlic, chopped carrots and thyme in butter for about 15 minutes. Add broth and simmer for about 45 minutes, until carrots are very tender. Blend with an immersion blender (don’t have one?… check this out!), or transfer in batches to a blender. Add almond milk and season to taste.